The curse of Turn 9 & 10

Sección para comentarios o preguntas / Use this section for any comments or questions...
FozillaMirefox

The curse of Turn 9 & 10

Post by FozillaMirefox »

So, that was a decent race. I'd love to throw up a poll to get some opinions on this topic (Except I'm not familiar with the forum enough to set one up, plus on my phone on late shift).

Not mentioning black & white flag warnings or the deleted laps in quali, shootout, spint, just the race :

Lewis Hamilton [Track Limits] +5s
Carlos Sainz [Track Limits] +5s
Alex Albon [Track Limits] +5s
Yuki Tsunoda [Track Limits x3] +15s
Pierre Gasly [Track Limits] +5s
Logan Sargeant [Track Limits] +5s
Kevin Magnussen [Track Limits] +5s

I'm certain most the audience, stewards and even the commentators were exhausted by the end trying to keep up with all the 5 second penalties, black and white flags, constant radio bickering... About the track limit of Turn 9 & 10. As such, what's your view.

1. The drivers are playing hard and fast with the rules, a case of many who don't believe the rules apply to them, yet, happy to play judge and jury pertaining to other competitors. They were intentionally pushing the limits to shave off lap times.

2. The end of sector 3 on this track, this isn't a new occurrence, seems to be an utter penalty trap with this package and many of those of those in recent history. They should adjust 9 & 10 in particular. Some of the greatest drivers on earth were struggling to consistently make that corner.

3. Both of the above.

4. Something else completely :
"No Mikey No No Mikey that was so not right!"
FozillaMirefox

Re: The curse of Turn 9 & 10

Post by FozillaMirefox »

Update, the results have been altered :

Mochomo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mochomo »

Track limits were insane during this weekend. In my opinion that rule should not apply for RACE session or remove it completely for this track. It's a joke how many drivers got a penalty because of this. Honestly, how much of advantage can they gain during race? I can understand somehow for Qualy, but for race no.

8 drivers penalised :shock:
 ! Message from: Mochomo
NOS MUDAMOS A TRACKER TORRENT -- LEER Y REGISTRO -> AQUI

WE ARE MOVING TO A TORRENT TRACKER -- READ AND SIGN UP -> HERE
FozillaMirefox

Post by FozillaMirefox »

Right? It became the main topic of the race, which, we didn't get the true results for many hours until after the chequered flag. I'm not sure the reasoning, but the whole matter could have been resolved by setting it to be a gravel trap, which would have completely mitigated any lap time gains by extending over that track limit.