F1 - 2023 DISCUSSION **Spoiler**

Sección para comentarios o preguntas / Use this section for any comments or questions...
Mochomo
Site Admin
Site Admin

F1 - 2023 DISCUSSION **Spoiler**

Post by Mochomo »

Hi everyone, let's use this thread to comment about every 2023 race results, opinions, comments, etc... Please don't read if you don't want spoilers!!

Let's try to use English as main language on this one.
 ! Message from: Mochomo
NOS MUDAMOS A TRACKER TORRENT -- LEER Y REGISTRO -> AQUI

WE ARE MOVING TO A TORRENT TRACKER -- READ AND SIGN UP -> HERE
FozillaMirefox

Re: F1 - 2023 DISCUSSION **Spoiler**

Post by FozillaMirefox »

Expect me to edit this post as the season progresses, but with what I've seen thus far.

RB domination, I hate to undersell him, but Perez found wonderful form and the right car, at the wrong time. It's a (Predictable and boring) Verstappen era, and although I see Perez getting 1/2 top steps, he'll most likely continue being a cool headed professional to help RB capture the constructors in near record time.

Ferrari and Merc will be all over each other, with Alonso, and potentially Stroll (Given more time to recuperate from injury) keeping them honest.

Ferrari 2nd, Merc 3rd, I see Aston's pace dropping behind as the season progresses, purely due to the weight of experience and resources found in Ferrari and Merc. Aston 4th.

Alonso is almost guaranteed to be thrilling to watch all season, driving on pure passion, it'll result in some of the most incredible racing we've seen in years.

Ferrari's primary issue will be reliability, As for Merc, I think we'll see tensions rise between the two drivers, as Russell continues to reduce the distance between his self & his veteran team mate, and we know how Lewis can act up when his team mates offer a threat to his position.

After that, the mid table is much harder to predict.

At this point I expect Bottas (Alfa) & Gasly (Alpine) to be anomalies - outperforming the cars potential and bringing home the lion's share of points relative to their team mates, however. I might regret this ;

Alpine, Alfa, Williams, McLaren, Tauri & sad to say, Haas.

If that is the result, I expect heads to roll at McLaren & Haas. Zak Brown can go for me (I feel he's been the core of the teams issues) but I'll be sad to see Guenther leave, purely just because I find his presence in the sport a huge source of entertainment.

I expect to be very wrong about the constructor mid table, purely because I don't think we've seen what that McLaren really has to offer this year, plus there's a number of drivers who haven't even got settled into their new teams.

Like I said, instead of spamming the thread, I'll continue editing this one as the season progresses, looking forward to reading some more opinions!
"No Mikey No No Mikey that was so not right!"
Mochomo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mochomo »

Arabian Saudi Qualy really interesting after Max's engine problem. I see a great race for tomorrow. Expect Ferrari and Aston Martin chasing for P1, not easy for Perez.

MASSAKUATA

Post by MASSAKUATA »

Una pregunta, Habra un link de PATREON, o de apoyo mesenas al canal, quisiera apoya¡¡¡ gracias salu2.
Mochomo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mochomo »

MASSAKUATA wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:58 pm Una pregunta, Habra un link de PATREON, o de apoyo mesenas al canal, quisiera apoya¡¡¡ gracias salu2.
Hola, no se aceptan pagos por el momento.

MASSAKUATA

Post by MASSAKUATA »

ENTERADO,GRACIAS,SALU2
Max-Vettel

Post by Max-Vettel »

FozillaMirefox wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:31 pm Expect me to edit this post as the season progresses, but with what I've seen thus far.

"RB domination"
"It's a (Predictable and boring) Verstappen era"
I hear what you're saying. Personally I think the tide has just swung. Mercedes dominated for 8 straight years. Most of the British pundits did not ever call it boring, or were complaining that a British driver won 7 out of 8 WDC. Now all I hear is that F1 is boring, and the pundits who are supposed to be neutral and professional are actually asking for rain or some other kind of anomaly so that "RB domination" can be neutralised. I just don't think that's right.

In 2020 when the W11 was dominating, that was a spectacle! To see a F1 car go flat around Pouhon was just incredible. I hope this year's Red Bull is capable of doing something similar, but that 2020 Mercedes was something else. Instead of really giving the praise that Adrian Newey and Red Bull deserve, most people just want their dominance to be neutralised instead of praising them like most people were praising Mercedes for all those years.

I'm not even really a Verstappen fan tbh. I really wanted Sergio-viva-Mehico-cabron-Perez to really challenge him but unless he cuts out the unforced errors I don't see him really getting close to him, which to me is the real shame. Alonso would have been giving Verstappen a run for his money in the same car, maybe even beating him!

Most of the midfield pack is having indifferent seasons. Some drivers find strong pace in one race then fall off in the next. Take Ocon for example; 3rd in Monaco and basically nowhere in Spain. Of course the circuit and the track temperature has a lot to do with being strong or weak for certain cars, but some of the drivers are just really inconsistent so it's difficult to tell how some of them will do for the season.

I was really sad for Lando in Spain. I think his inexperience at the front is what eventually led to his bad day on Sunday but he will learn from it. Logan looks like he will be at the back in every race, as he really just does not look like he's cut out for F1. His car doesn't help him, but he's not even challenging Albon really. I think I'm correct saying he's the only driver to finish last more than 2 times season and he's qualified last in almost every race.

I'm personally enjoying this season. The car that Red Bull have developed for this season looks unbeatable, but Aston Martin have also been doing really well especially Alonso. Mercedes look like they're starting to get their act together, but I think most people are overlooking the fact the track temperature was so much lower on Sunday than on Friday which helped them the most but hurt Aston Martin and Ferrari the most in my opinion. Canada should be telling. Weather forecast suggests it will be similar weather to Spain, which if that's the case I can see Mercedes having another strong weekend with Red Bull being the only cars ahead of them. We shall see.
FozillaMirefox

Post by FozillaMirefox »

Thanks for adding to this thread @Max-Vettel, it's certainly in need of a refresh, as obviously, not all of it applies now, though some does, and let me state, despite what the flag shows, I am not particularly a Max fan, I grow tried quickly of any drivers who are winning due to every other vehicle on the track being inferior, thats why, if I was to fanboy for anyone this season so far - it is absolutely Alonso, who is showing not only his racecraft, but also how a racer can motivate an entire team by being a positive influence on all around.

Nonetheless, I'm gonna pick apart my previous estimates.
FozillaMirefox wrote:RB domination, I hate to undersell him, but Perez found wonderful form and the right car, at the wrong time. It's a (Predictable and boring) Verstappen era, and although I see Perez getting 1/2 top steps, he'll most likely continue being a cool headed professional to help RB capture the constructors in near record time.
I wish I was wrong about this, Perez was suddenly looking like he was about to present a coup, the kind which I for one would have welcomed, putting Verstappen's comfortable situation at risk, and RB in a position where they might be forced to allow closer, risky racing between the two, however, the status quo has returned, it'll take Max to have a similar run of poor fortune before we could possibly consider a close fight between these team-mates likely, and considering the flaky radio communications to Perez whilst leading races, its quite transparent who RB consider their priority driver.
FozillaMirefox wrote:Ferrari and Merc will be all over each other, with Alonso, and potentially Stroll (Given more time to recuperate from injury) keeping them honest.
Well, although the two are close on points, it would appear the gap between Merc and Ferrari has slowly widened, which I suspect will only continue with greater pace, however, Alonso is certainly far more potent than just "Keeping them honest", at least for now. Stroll has simply driven on par, though, should be disappointed, this was a missed opportunity to get compared favorably to a veteren, Alonso has made the kid look slow.
FozillaMirefox wrote:Ferrari 2nd, Merc 3rd, I see Aston's pace dropping behind as the season progresses, purely due to the weight of experience and resources found in Ferrari and Merc. Aston 4th.
Afraid I must change this order. Merc 2nd.. Aston and Ferrari fighting for 3rd, If Stroll starts routinely delivering significant points, its Aston, however, maybe my expectations on him are unfair, because, I stand strongly by this next point..
FozillaMirefox wrote:Alonso is almost guaranteed to be thrilling to watch all season, driving on pure passion, it'll result in some of the most incredible racing we've seen in years.
Still applies. Alonso is the highlight reel of the season, and although I still believe the vehicles pace wont stay in step with Merc & Ferrari.. Nando will remain not only a threat, but also, a fascinating master of the craft.
FozillaMirefox wrote:Ferrari's primary issue will be reliability, As for Merc, I think we'll see tensions rise between the two drivers, as Russell continues to reduce the distance between his self & his veteran team mate, and we know how Lewis can act up when his team mates offer a threat to his position.
Firstly, Ferrari's issue has been Ferrari as I see it. Certainly been some inconsistencies with the car, but the decisions and management has had the greatest negative impact, in my opinion. Russell has been impressive at times, but, almost in similar fashion to Perez, just seems to hit poor fortune right as hes knocking on the door of his team-mate, however, the improvements are starting to show at Merc.. and I'd argue Lewis is responding to them better.
FozillaMirefox wrote:At this point I expect Bottas (Alfa) & Gasly (Alpine) to be anomalies - outperforming the cars potential and bringing home the lion's share of points relative to their team mates.
My expectations were wrong, Bottas has had little to show over his team-mate, and frankly, the alfa has mostly been back marker material, as for Gasly, hes performed well, but if I'd have put Ocon there instead, my original prediction woulda looked a lot better.
FozillaMirefox wrote:Alpine, Alfa, Williams, McLaren, Tauri & sad to say, Haas.
Alpine, called it, best of the rest. Didn't do well with these other predictions, McLaren are going on be on the chase of Alpine for the rest of the season, but I don't think they'll overcome them. Lando is making McLaren look better than it is.

New prediction, which will also be wrong before the end : Alpine, McLaren, Tauri (Let me explain), Alfa, Williams, Haas.

If I was sat in Honda's HQ in Hamamatsu, watching the flagship RB Honda dominating, yet my brand being printed a second time right at the bottom of the standings, I may want to do something about it. This is based on nothing other than an imaginative speculation but the Tauri is going to see some upgrades, either from Honda, or some handmedowns from RB. Might also never happen, and if that proves true, swap Alfa And AlphaTauri in the order above.
FozillaMirefox wrote:I expect to be very wrong about the constructor mid table, purely because I don't think we've seen what that McLaren really has to offer this year.
And I may well be wrong again, but McLaren did infact start to improve, maybe even sooner than originally expected.

--

Bare in mind I am just about to sit and watch the Canadian Quali.. This could all be turned on its head before I wake up in the morning - and although I've managed to avoid seeing the results so far, I do know its rain, which always shakes up the order.

Have a great weekend folks, and thanks again @Admin for allowing us weekend workers to enjoy the race despite not being available to see it live!
Mochomo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mochomo »

This is a really good discussion guys, keep it coming.

As you can notice my flag I'm big fan of Sergio Perez, I was very happy on his performance during first races of this season but now it all seems to be Max again. "Checo" needs to forget about the championship and now focus on secure the 2nd place. Alonso is getting closer race after race (I should say I'm happy for that). It was so nice to see both of the Ferrari's performing so great in Canada, both cars had a good pace with medium and hard tires. Therefore, Sergio Perez was not able to reach them.

FozillaMirefox

Post by FozillaMirefox »

Mochomo wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:13 amAs you can notice my flag I'm big fan of Sergio Perez, I was very happy on his performance during first races of this season but now it all seems to be Max again. "Checo" needs to forget about the championship and now focus on secure the 2nd place.
I actually believe it's not over for Sergio, but you are quite right. He needs to stop looking at Max, and focus entirely on enjoying his racing, I honestly think we're seeing his form worsen due to the disappointment of dropping behind, it's affecting his pace, which is a shame, as proven he can put in an amazing lap on demand like yesterday.

If his mentality and consistency improves soon, all it takes is 1/2 DNF's for Max and he's right back in contention, just needs to ensure he's in 2nd place ready to collect - which he's more than capable of doing.
Max-Vettel

Post by Max-Vettel »

FozillaMirefox wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:43 am I actually believe it's not over for Sergio, but you are quite right. He needs to stop looking at Max, and focus entirely on enjoying his racing, I honestly think we're seeing his form worsen due to the disappointment of dropping behind, it's affecting his pace, which is a shame, as proven he can put in an amazing lap on demand like yesterday.

If his mentality and consistency improves soon, all it takes is 1/2 DNF's for Max and he's right back in contention, just needs to ensure he's in 2nd place ready to collect - which he's more than capable of doing.
It's definitely a shame that Checo is just unable to match Max despite being in the identical car. At the very least he should be qualifying 2nd and finishing no lower than 3rd if strategy/conditions are not favourable. Checo is very, very talented and more than capable of beating Max even if it might not last for an entire season. I think he's trying to change his driving style. You saw at Monaco how fast he was into T1. That's not like Checo. His strength is traction zone, nursing tyres and street circuits, so to see him do so badly at both Monaco and Canada was really sad. I think we can safely say that Max will (probably) win his 3rd WDC so everyone else will be fighting for 2nd. Checo should be in pole position for this, but unless he changes his Saturday form soon he might get on the podium again for the rest of the season.

Alonso has definitely been a breath of fresh air. This is a man who 3 years ago was getting so frustrated with the state of F1 that he took to the media to voice his complaints. He said what most people were thinking (except most of the Brits) which is that one team dominating is not good for the sport. I honestly thought he would quit. Now he's in an actually good car, which only needs a few upgrades to start matching RB. I seriously hope they keep improving. I don't think Lance is good enough to match his performance but if he consistently finishes in the points then it will be good for AM.

Merc really surprised me in Barcelona. Let's be honest, the track conditions really, really favoured them. Even Bradley Lord said so during the race. Still, their updates are obviously doing well and they have definitely improved and overtaken the Ferraris and possibly AM too. If they can sort out their low speed issues, and improve traction performance they can definitely start challenging RB in Q3 for pole position.

Having said all that, I tend to think RB, and Max specifically, have been kind of coasting in a lot of the races and just managing the tyres. We saw in Barcelona he was lapping in 1:18s then did fastest lap at 1:16.33, and went right back to 1:18s but still opening the gap to Lewis. I honestly think if he needed to he could've gone flat in T14 in qualy to get pole but obviously he didn't need to take the risk. While everyone definitely is improving, I think there is an element of 'sand-bagging' by RB. Not only that, they will also bring updates to their car too so I can see them possibly winning every race this season if they keep pace with everyone with updates.

The season is starting to get a bit more exciting I suppose. Having 3 multiple world champions on the podium in Canada was amazing. We all wish for a bit closer racing, and even better if Checo can get his act together and start using the pace in the car to his advantage. I think Max would still ultimately win, but then you will have qualy laps for every race with Alonso, Checo, Lewis and Russell fighting for 2nd and 3rd. Imagine if Ferrari get some pace in their car too! What a great second half of the season it would be if top 7 fastest racers were covered by 0.5 second in qualy!! We can hope!
franguerra

Post by franguerra »

hola como elegir el idioma no lo se me ayuda, gracias
Mochomo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mochomo »

franguerra wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:50 pm hola como elegir el idioma no lo se me ayuda, gracias
Hola, este mensaje no corresponde a este tema pero igual te ayudo. Te recomiendo que uses el reproductor VLC, en cuanto abres el video das click derecho y en audio ahi puedes seleccionar el idioma que desees.

Saludos.

Mochomo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mochomo »

What a come back from Sergio Perez today. I don't understand Carlos Sainz radio message when he said Checo was "intimidating him" :roll: From my point of view Carlos did a great job defending position and Checo overtaking, it was the best battle of the race, no doubts.

What happened to Aston Martin and Mercedes? Race pace was not good at all. Hamilton's radio messages were hilarious, Toto Wolff sounds like trying to shut up Hamilton and make him focus on racing :lol:

FozillaMirefox

Post by FozillaMirefox »

That so called "Intimidating" represented some of the most exciting racing in the entire race 100%

It's a shame that when finally faced with real challenges for position, it leads to complaints, hoping daddy FIA steps in and spoils it. Sainz is in the wrong sport if he doesn't relish those moments, and he should, the way he played track position to use DRS as a weapon, it's the kind of racing we love to see.

Hamilton was just a bitter veteran throughout, and although he is undeniably faster than Russell, I have to tip my hat to George and say he was well rewarded for being brave enough to be the first to switch to slicks. I wonder how long Toto will tolerate Lewis' emotional outbursts, I truly think he'd have had a significantly better race if he focused entirely on his own sector 3 driving line rather than watching everyone else.