Plex and Organizing videos

Sección para comentarios o preguntas / Use this section for any comments or questions...
SennaF1

Plex and Organizing videos

Post by SennaF1 »

I have downloaded and am seeding every torrent from this site. All my stuff is thrown into Plex. Right now, F1 is just a big mess inside Plex. Doesn't look good, hard to find what I need.

I could go all out, and do this:

But maybe there is a middle ground. I currently do not use Plex Meta Manager. I'm not sure I want to depend on any extra software that might stop working or stop being supported, especially the addition that I would need for PMM just for the F1 stuff.

https://github.com/Joost1991/f1-plex-meta-manager

So, anyone here using Plex with a useable but less involved strategy for organizing all these videos?
Mochomo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Plex and Organizing videos

Post by Mochomo »

I also use Plex for all my media (Movies, Series and Formula 1). What I do is to add F1 library as "Other Videos" and sort view by "folders" ... You will not have race details but at least you don't see crap of information by Plex.
 ! Message from: Mochomo
NOS MUDAMOS A TRACKER TORRENT -- LEER Y REGISTRO -> AQUI
WE ARE MOVING TO A TORRENT TRACKER -- READ AND SIGN UP -> HERE
Max-Vettel

Post by Max-Vettel »

Admin wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:49 am I also use Plex for all my media (Movies, Series and Formula 1). What I do is to add F1 library as "Other Videos" and sort view by "folders" ... You will not have race details but at least you don't see crap of information by Plex.
I do this too. I also add the metadata myself, but I don't add any descriptions. I chose my own background, poster etc for my F1 sub folder on Plex and it works well. I'm currently getting all the 4k versions so I'll have to redo some of the metadata, and maybe I'll trim down to just qualy and the race for each round but I'll figure that out later.

P.S. anyone have a discount code for Plex Premium? :D
Mochomo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mochomo »

Max-Vettel wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:19 pm P.S. anyone have a discount code for Plex Premium? :D
Thanksgiving is coming 😋
Chiefs81

Post by Chiefs81 »

i add sports scanner to plex scanners. but it requires you to have a separate sports library. it maps to the thesportsdb. everything is automatic after that as long as you name the file correctly. i just go to the site copy the the file name and then move the file into my folder and it pulls the data from the site. i then use plex meta manger for 4k banner but thats just an added bonus. i linked the site if anyone wants to take a look at each event

https://thesportsdb.com/league/4370-Formula-1
Mochomo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mochomo »

Now with the new file naming Plex gets the metadata automatically, just set tvdb as a source.