Number of Leechers v/s Number of online, registered users

Sección para comentarios o preguntas / Use this section for any comments or questions...
SennaF1

Number of Leechers v/s Number of online, registered users

Post by SennaF1 »

Can you explain how there can be 100 Leechers being shown in Qbittorrent, but the torrent link only being downloaded 10 times, and about 10 registered users online, but 70+ unregistered? I guess you publish the magnet link on the Web? And what are all the unregistered users able to do on here? It just appears as though folks who aren't part of the F1Carreras community are sucking up some bandwidth on initial release. Speed starts out great, since I'm usually first to grab, but then slows as all these non-members get ahold of the release. Its not too bad right now, but I wonder if the download speed could continue to decline, as you become more popular, and as more and more non-members start to grab the file, assuming that's what's happening. Either way, I grab everything, and seed everything, forever.
Mochomo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Number of Leechers v/s Number of online, registered users

Post by Mochomo »

Hi, this is because I publish the torrent in the web, so number of seeds/leechers are much higher than registered users here. I'm doing this temporarily for FP and Qualy sessions to pull more people into the forum. For Race session torrent is published only here so my registered users are able to download faster.

About unregistered users, they are not able to access the site. They can't see the whole site, therefore not able to access/download torrent files.
 ! Message from: Mochomo
NOS MUDAMOS A TRACKER TORRENT -- LEER Y REGISTRO -> AQUI

WE ARE MOVING TO A TORRENT TRACKER -- READ AND SIGN UP -> HERE
Max-Vettel

Post by Max-Vettel »

I've downloaded and seeded every single free practice, qualy and race which was hosted here since start of 2022 season. I always download the HD version so I can watch what happened as I don't watch it live, then later when 4k versions of qualy and race are available I download those too for archiving.

I find that the FP is always super fast. I have 900mb up and down and always seed minimum 1:1 ratio. FP always downloads at near max speed and can usually complete downloading 4.5gb in less than 5 minutes.

Race and qualy on the other hand....well I started downloading the Spanish GP at 16:20 UK time, which is 5.98gb. 40 minutes later (at time of typing) barely 5% total or 331mb has been downloaded. I don't understand how this can be, if the aim is for registered members to download faster because the opposite is happening every time.

I mentioned back in March about the slow speeds since removing direct download. While I do like torrents and understand the need for privacy, it simply does not compare to direct download especially when the qualy and race downloads are so much slower and I can sometimes be waiting 5 hours for the download to complete.
Mochomo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mochomo »

Hi, it just does not make sense you are having slow speeds with Qualy and Race since those files are the ones with more leechers/seeders, therefore more people sharing content.

What torrent client are you using? Please provide screenshot of your connection settings within your torrent client. Your problem is more related to settings. I strongly recommend using qbittorrent. Yeah, please share more details and I can certainly help you out to maximize your download speed.

Max-Vettel

Post by Max-Vettel »

I'm using uTorrent 2.2.1 as this is the last stable, bloatware/adware free version. I've never used qBittorrent. Let me try using that now and see what happens.
Mochomo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mochomo »

Max-Vettel wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:01 am I'm using uTorrent 2.2.1 as this is the last stable, bloatware/adware free version. I've never used qBittorrent. Let me try using that now and see what happens.
Don't use uTorrent, uninstall it since it doesn't work properly. Please install qbittorrent, go to "options" --》"connection" --》 "connections limits" and untild all checkboxes as shown in below image.

Let me know if now works better for you.

Max-Vettel

Post by Max-Vettel »

I have to concede, you might be right. Although I've used this same version of uTorrent for over a decade, it might very well be what was causing my issues. As you can see from the image, the race torrent completed in 36 minutes. This is still not as quick as direct downloads, but it's A LOT faster than uTorrent was doing. I will continue to assess this with upcoming races before I decide to completely uninstall Utorrent.
Mochomo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mochomo »

I'm glad this is working better for you now. Did you review "connection" tab setting? This is important so you able to connect other peers. Please confirm.

Based on your screenshot there are around 800 seeds, right? This is awesome! You should be able to download at your top speed. Something else is causing you not connecting to many peers. Please review connection tab.

Max-Vettel

Post by Max-Vettel »

I changed the settings after I had finished downloading, so I will only get to see the difference once I download something new from here. When you release the 4k versions of this weekend I will assess.
Mochomo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mochomo »

Max-Vettel wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:16 pm I changed the settings after I had finished downloading, so I will only get to see the difference once I download something new from here. When you release the 4k versions of this weekend I will assess.
Hey, I'm interested on how it works after your settings update. Please let me know.

Max-Vettel

Post by Max-Vettel »

Mochomo wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:25 pm
Max-Vettel wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:16 pm I changed the settings after I had finished downloading, so I will only get to see the difference once I download something new from here. When you release the 4k versions of this weekend I will assess.
Hey, I'm interested on how it works after your settings update. Please let me know.
The real test will be qualy and the race. There's no difference for free practice because those were downloading really fast even when I was using uTorrent.
Max-Vettel

Post by Max-Vettel »

Mochomo wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:25 pm

Ok so as you can see, both files downloaded within 15 minutes, compared to what would sometimes be 3-4+ hours using uTorrent. Using qBittorrent and the settings you recommended changed have made a major difference. To be clear, I would still prefer direct downloads :D :lol:
Mochomo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mochomo »

Nice! All working good for you now. Unfortunately direct downloads are not an option anymore as per the reasons I have shared before here https://f1carreras.net/viewtopic.php?t=211

Max-Vettel

Post by Max-Vettel »

Mochomo wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:10 pm Nice! All working good for you now. Unfortunately direct downloads are not an option anymore as per the reasons I have shared before here https://f1carreras.net/viewtopic.php?t=211
That's ok. I know direct downloads are not an option. But what happened to 4k downloads? Two race now with no 4k..